By Nnaji | 13 Sep, 2022 10:52:31pm | 122 views
As the preparations for the second edition of the Frontier Discourse Annual Public Lecture Series and Awards continue, The Pacesetter Frontier Magazine has provided a brief bio of the Nominees in the different categories for the Frontier Discourse Awards.
In a statement, the Chairman of the Host Organizing Committee, Chijioke Ilegbune, said the Nominees were painstakingly drawn from different walks of life. Going further, he submitted that the purpose of the bio publication is to help voters and the public understand the reason(s) behind the nominations, while guiding them in determining whom to vote for.
Ilegbune assured that voting would commence before the end of tomorrow, September 14 and would last for about 10 days.
Governor of the Year
1. Gov. Dave Umahi is a Nigerian politician who is currently serving as the Governor of Ebonyi State.
Some key achievements of his administration are the completion of over 20 roads within the capital city of Abakaliki and some federal roads, especially the Afikpo-Abakaliki Road and the Nkalagu Road. He has over 11 solid flyovers to the credit of his administration. He declared a state of emergency in the health sector and began the reconstruction of general hospitals in the state. It also built the first virology centre in the south east from scratch, to reduce Lassa fever deaths. Under Agriculture, the administration poured billions of naira into the sector as soft loans to farmers, targeting expanded rice farming. The plan worked and rice production tripled this year. The government also procured parboiling machines for its three rice mills. It is also partnering with the federal government and the central bank in this regard, with the objective of making the state the nation’s biggest producer of rice.
2. Gov. Nyesom Wike is a Nigerian politician and lawyer who is the sixth and current Governor of Rivers State.
Governor Wike’s administration has ensured that virtually every sector in the state have been positively impacted since May 29, 2015. From December 21, 2020 – January 16, 2021, and in recent weeks, eminent citizens of Nigeria have joined him to commission projects in 11 Local Government Areas of the State.
He has also exhibited the courage and boldness to speak truth to power, challenge national policies and decisions which tend to exploit the people, thus standing out as a fearless voice of the opposition.
3. Gov. Oluseyi Abiodun Makinde is a Nigerian politician who is the Governor of Oyo State since 29 May, 2019.
As Governor, he has strategically placed bus terminals on Iwo Road, New Ife Road, Challenge Street, and Ojoo and ensured construction and rehabilitation of major roads to relieve traffic congestion in major cities.
On security, his administration has provided CCTV cameras in strategic locations in the state; Provision of operational vehicles to the Nigeria Police, the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, ‘Operation Burst’ and Amotekun; The ‘Light up Oyo’ Phase 1 and 2 projects through the installation of streetlights on 223.48km of roads in all zones.
Healthwise, he has completed several Primary Healthcare Centres out of the 299 awarded during the year.
1. Sen. Anyim Pius Anyim was elected the President of the 4th Senate in 2000, and was appointed the Secretary General of the Federation in 2011, among other offices held. As Senate President, he passed sixty-five bills and seventy-two resolutions; one of the notable ones being the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Establishment Act. Sen. Anyim contributed immensely to our democracy and was a Presidential Aspirant under the Peoples Democratic Party.
2. Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife's short administration as Anambra State Governor from 1992-1993 was one of due process and diligence. Notably, his move to mandate the Local Government Areas Chairmen to engineer programmes and projects to help open the rural areas, and take governance closer to the people, and how he gave the welfare of civil servants all the needed attention. At the Federal level, he served as Deputy Director of Planning, Federal Ministry of National Planning 1972-1978, member, National Constitutional Reform Conference Abuja, 2005. Chief Ezeife ran for President under Alliance for Democracy in 1999 and under UNPP in 2003.
3. Prof. Lazarus Ekwueme is a renowned musicologist, actor and a scholar who has contributed immensely in African and Igbo choral music, and music in general. No one can talk about choral music composition in Africa without mentioning Prof. Ekwueme.
One remembers with a nostalgic glee, his contributions to music as the coordinator of the Nigerian National Choir at the Black Arts Festival, Festac "77, and his music group, Laz Ekwueme National Chorale. Prof. Laz Ekwueme has composed over a hundred songs and has featured in countless Nollywood movies as a top actor.
He's the traditional ruler of Oko Kingdom in Anambra State.
4. Chief, Dr Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu is a diligent Igbo man, an engineer, architect, investor, and a nation builder. The likes of Amunike, Kanu Nwankwo and others that once played for Nationale FC now Heartland FC will forever be grateful to Chief Iwuanyanwu for his generous investment in the football club. Chief Iwuanyanwu has raised men through his media empire and his construction company; former Imo State Governor, Achike Udenwa once described him as the highest employer of labor in Imo State, aside the State. The Igbo nation extols him for his contributions in the Biafran War, as a philanthropist, for giving over 5000 students scholarship, for his investment in football and youth employment and empowerment.
1. Rev. Surv. Ugochukwu Obiora Chime is the Managing Director, COPEN Group; a Fmr President of Enugu Chamber of Commerce Industry Mines and Agriculture (ECCIMA) and Fmr National President/Chairman of Real Estate Developers Association of Nigeria (REDAN).
He is a notable FMBN consultant in Real Estate Development, a Real Estate business mogul with many successful developments across the country to his credit. He is well known for his mentorship responsibility. He has continued to hold business classes to teach young ones the art of having successful businesses.
Chime is widely acknowledged as one of Africa's most influential business leaders and philanthropists.
2. Mrs Ifeoma Adanna Ezechukwu is the Founder & CEO of Kitchen Pastries and Foods Processing Nigeria Limited.
Kitchen Pastries Nig. Ltd was born out of her love for cooking and baking right from her childhood inspired by her mum who remains her favourite cook. More than 18 years after leaving her mother's tutelage, Ifeoma is making her own mark on the industry.
She's also the Administrator of Our Lord's Shepherd International School, Enugu.
3. Dr. Samuel Maduka Onyishi is the Chairman and CEO of Peace Group of companies (Peace Mass Transit), Founder of Maduka University, Non Executive Director, May & Baker Nigeria Plc and founder of the Samuel Maduka Onyishi African Entrepreneurship Foundation (SAMOAEF).
He is considered a successful business mogul. On 7 January 2021, he took over Actis's share in C&I Leasing through his company Peace Mass Transit to own majority stock worth about 55.82% of the company's shares.
4. Uchechukwu Igwe is the CEO Ntachi Osa Restaurant, a popular Enugu restaurant. He's renowned for his ability to provide good and quality food for his teeming customers at a highly moderate price.
His presence and influence in the restaurant industry of Enugu State cannot be overemphasized.
5. Ogochukwu Ekwueme hails from Oko, Anambra and is the Executive Director of HH Robertson Nigeria Ltd, an aluminum and roofing sheets production company.
His company also produces doors, windows and partitionings. A former manager of sales and new product development, Ekwueme who is the son of Nigeria's former Vice President, Alex Ekwueme, is currently the Transition Chairman, Orumba North Local Government Area, Anambra.
Woman of the Time
1. Dorothy Jeff-Nnamani is the CEO/Managing Director of Novo Health Africa Ltd, a Health Maintenance Organization providing health care across Nigeria and accredited by the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS).
She is the founder of Youth Entrepreneurship and Leadership Initiative - Yeli, a pet project she launched in 2021. She has continued to organize and sponsor a football competition, Yeli Soccer and gives out huge amounts as gifts to the winners.
Nnamani, born in and from Enugu, is a community builder of repute.
2. Bianca Ojukwu is a Nigerian politician, diplomat, lawyer, and businesswoman. Married to Late Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu (Ikemba), she was Nigeria's Ambassador to Ghana, as well as to Spain in.
She was also Senior Special Assistant on Diaspora Affairs (Presidential Advisor), Miss Africa 1988, Miss Intercontinental 1989, Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria 1988.
3. Joke Silva is the Co-Founder, Lufodo Media Corporation. She's also the Director, Lufodo Academy of Performing Arts.
She has an acting career spanning over 25 years. She's a Best actress in both leading and supporting roles in AMAA and the pioneer managing director of Malete Film Village.
Joke Silva has been applauded and admired by many for standing firm and supporting her husband, Olu Jacobs through his health challenges.
4. Sola Sobowale (Toyin Tomato) hails from Ondo state. She's an Award winning Actress, Movie Director and Producer, screenwriter, Brand Ambassador for Mouka mattress company. She's reputed for her role in the 2018 Nigerian crime political thriller, King of Boys.
1. Rinu Oduala is a Human Rights advocate and community organizer, focused primarily on issues of equity, justice, humanity and community advancement. She is the executive project director at Connect Hub NG, a platform that documents, defends and advocates against state violence and police brutality in Nigeria. Rinu Oduala was one of the leading voices in the #EndSARS movement.
Rinu Oduala is famed for her courage in being one of those who led the #EndSARS movement in Lagos state. She sat on the Lagos #EndSARS judicial panel.
2. Demola Olarewaju is a media strategist. He's the Director of Digital Media Strategy in the PDP presidential campaign structure. He had a stint as the Head of Corporate Affairs of digital satellite company, TStv Africa. He was a Media strategist for former Minister, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro before 2015 and was part of the digital media arm of Goodluck Jonathan’s presidential campaign in 2015.
3. Asisat Oshoala is an Award winning Nigerian professional footballer who plays as a striker for Primera División club FC Barcelona Femení and the Nigerian women's national team. Widely regarded as one of the greatest African female footballers of all time and one of the best in the world, she is the most decorated African female footballer of all time, and a record five time African Women's Footballer of the Year. In 2021, she was named in the Forbes 30 Under 30.
4. Okeoga Darlington is an International human rights practitioner/public interest litigation expert based in Abuja. In the last 14 years, he has represented Nigeria in international youth debates/conferences in Asia, Europe and the USA.
He holds two masters degrees in International Human Rights Law, and Oil and Gas Management from the University of Pretoria and the South America University Delaware, USA. At the University of Pretoria, he lead a team of researchers who reviewed the Gambian constitution that will soon be passed into law once it is assented by the Gambian President. He has also served as the Secretary General of Nigerian Model United Nations.
1. Uche Anioke is a veteran media personality. He is the Executive Host of a lot of radio programs, including The Eagle, Housing Today, Soul Sistas, Freedom Square, Adam's Bar, Ex Mobile Connect, Dispute Resolution Arena, the only radio program in the Southeast that deals with the resolution of conflicts, etc.
He's also the publisher of Freedom Square TV and Pens & Voices.
Anioke is the President of the Nigerian Publishers Association (NPA). He's also the Publisher/ Managing Director of Acena Ventures. He was previously a Commissioner for Youths and Sports and Chairman of Awgu Local Government, in Enugu State.
2. Chima Christian is public policy analyst, good governance advocate, former broadcast journalist, media consultant, change maker and a budding politician.
His views- bold, issues-focused, nuanced and carefully-considered on regional and national issues, are highly sought after by more than a dozen different radio & tv stations and he communicates them so eloquently.
As a broadcast journalist at Blaze FM Oraifite, Chima’s “In-house Analyst” appearances on Blaze FM’s flagship political talkshow inspired thousands of listeners, trying to give the listening public a better appreciation of the issues around them and how they can quit feeling helpless and be involved in the change process. He's a Principal Partner at Inspaya konzult and Research Associate at Selonnes consult limited.
3. Chukwuma Ephraim Okenwa has a background in Education, Security and Multilateral Diplomacy. He is a social entrepreneur, public affairs analyst, the convener of #YouthDecide2019 and the brain behind One Nigeria Reality Project, endorsed by the National Orientation Agency (NOA).
He is the Convener of the Annual Employability and Entrepreneurship Summit (EES) since 2015 in Enugu State and the Author of the classic THINK GLOBAL. He is the Executive Director of LEAD NETWORK, Principal Partner at H-Formance Consulting and the founder of CEO Media Agency.
Okenwa is renowned for his mastery in analyzing political issues on different TV and radio stations across the country.
4. Anastasia Odochi Uchenna is an On Air Personality and radio broadcaster at Magic FM, Aba.
5. Okey Odogwu is the General Manager of Dream 92.5Fm and Prime Sports 104.9Fm, Enugu. A renowned and refined manager, he oversaw the set up and running of the Prime Sports 104.9Fm
1. Chris Baywood Ibe also known as Emperor Chris Baywood Ibe is a Nigerian entrepreneur, philanthropist and social activist. He is the President and CEO of Baywood Group, a Nigerian conglomerate involved in oil & gas, engineering, construction, procurement and Aviation.
A society where communities are informed, healthy and free of poverty: this is the vision that drives his humanitarian agency, Baywood Foundation, established in 2008. From inception, it swung into action, like a relay runner, changing lives of indigent population and marginalised individuals.
Through this platform, he has provided free multidisciplinary health services, youth and widows’ empowerment programmes and community development projects in Enugu State and beyond.
2. Maurice Akueme is the Founder/CEO of The Maurice Akueme Foundation. A UK based accountant, entrepreneur and philanthropist, he is very passionate about humanitarian work and also believes in giving back to society.
The Maurice Akueme Foundation is a UK & Nigeria based charitable foundation with the stated objective to alleviate, palliate and empower lives.
Through the Foundation, Akueme has been able to touch the lives of people too numerous to mention.
3. The Rotary Foundation transforms your gifts into service projects that change lives both close to home and around the world.
Since it was founded more than 100 years ago, the Foundation has spent more than $4 billion on life-changing, sustainable projects. The Rotary Foundation helps Rotary members to advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace by improving health, providing quality education, improving the environment, and alleviating poverty.
4. Ferdinand Dozie Nwankwo is an accountant, businessman and politician.
He is the founder of Ferdinand Dozie Nwankwo Foundation, a Foundation built to give hope to the less privileged in the society, focusing on humanitarian services such as widow support, medical care, education support grant, youth empowerment programmes to mention but a few. His foundation is a household name all over Anambra State for the far-reaching medical and educational touch on the citizens. From the records of the Foundation, over 44,000 people from 22 communities in Anambra Central Senatorial Zone have benefited from the various programmes of the Foundation.
1. Dr. David Okelue Ugwunta is a seasoned academic with specialization in Banking and Finance. He has a Master of Science and a Doctor of Philosophy in Banking and Finance from the University of Nigeria. His research interests are in finance, accounting, and overall macroeconomics.
Dr. Ugwunta has been serving as the Enugu State Honorable Commissioner for Budget Enugu from 2019 till date.
2. Barr. Patricia Igwebuike is the Anambra state Honorable Commissioner for Transport. Before her appointment as a Commissioner, she was Special Adviser to Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State on Legal Matters and Petroleum Resources to.
She's the Secretary of the Nigerian Bar Association General Purpose Committee, a past Rotary Club President and Paul Harris Fellow. She is also a member of the Board of Trustees of Nigerian Bar Association
3. Hon. Orji Uchenna Orji is the Ebonyi State Commissioner for Information. He has been adjudged one of the best among his equals due to how he manages his office as the powerhouse of information of the state. He's outstanding in the way he ensures he has a full grasp of the details of the projects, programs and policies of the administration and gets it out to the people accordingly. He's a doyen in his office.
4. Hon. Mrs. AdaOnah Kene-Uyawunne, the Enugu State Commissioner for Finance, is one of the excellent public servants in the cabinet of the governor of Enugu State, Rt. Hon. Dr. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi. She is diligent in her office and ensures that the Finance of the state is sorted to all necessary details. It's not a surprise how the finance of the state is managed that no civil servant is owed a dime. Mrs. AdaOnah is a clear show of how more women deserve to be included in government.
5. Engr. O. A Obasi is an outstanding engineer, and as the Ebonyi State Commissioner for Works under Governor David Umahi administration, he has shown why he is the best for the job. Ebonyi State is said to be booming with construction projects; roads, bridges, flyovers, structures and many more. It is right to say that over 60% of the projects are already completed or at the verge of that. His diligence and professional attitude in his office solidified Gov. Umahi's determination that brought about the success of the numerous projects done so far.
1. Cheluchi Onyemelukwe hails from Nanka, Anambra State. She's best known for her 2019 family saga novel, The Son of the House, which she won the Nigeria Prize for Literature awards for in 2021.
In 2019, she won the award for the best international fiction book at the Sharjah International Book Fair. In 2021, she won the SprinNG women authors prize. Her novel was also nominated for the Giller Prize in 2021.
2. Ken Ike Okere, the Slam Master, is a writer and a poet who has contributed much in the growth of art and literature in the country. As the Director, FRCN Lagos in 2013, he co-founded the Eko Literary Society. He's also among the founders of Abuja Literary Society and in 2015 when he was appointed the Director, FRCN South East Zone, headquartered at Enugu Coal City Fm, he founded the Enugu Literary Society that has flourished since 2016 to this date, not to mention his contributions to the growth of Life in My City Art Festival (LIMCAF), that promotes art and awards artists from all around the country. It wouldn't be wrong to say that Enugu Literary Society wouldn't have survived this long without Mr. Ike Okere. He continues to make loads of sacrifices to ensure art and the literary stand tall in the country.
3. Adachukwu Onwudiwe is the Founder of Crater Library & Publishers - a digital library and publishing platform that pre serves intellectual heritage and provides access to literary, scholarly and research resources.
Onwudiwe is also a festival manager of the annual Crater Literary Festival. In ad dition, she is a researcher, writer, and a member of the creative team of Afro chives NFT which is dedicated to curating and archiving obscure stories in African cultural history.
4. Othuke Umukoro is from Olomoro, Delta State. He's an Award winning African poet. He won the 2021 Brunel International African Poetry Prize.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *