By AnchorNews | 17 May, 2026 01:05:28pm | 118

By Sochima Agbo
Celebrity businessman and socialite Pascal Okechukwu, popularly known as Cubana Chief Priest, has denied taking part in the All Progressives Congress primary election for the Orsu/Orlu/Oru East Federal Constituency seat in Imo State.
The entertainer said he voluntarily withdrew from the race after consultations with Hope Uzodimma over the party’s zoning arrangement.
In a series of posts shared on his Instagram page on Sunday, Okechukwu described himself as a loyal party member who respected the APC’s internal decisions.
According to him, Governor Uzodimma explained that Orlu Local Government Area should complete at least two terms in occupying the seat before it rotates to another local government area.
“He made the argument that it was not the turn of my Local Government Area to occupy the seat at this time,” Okechukwu stated, while noting that his elder brother, Asiwaju Jerry Alagboso, had previously represented the constituency for three terms.
The clarification comes after an earlier video circulated online in which Okechukwu appeared disappointed over the outcome of the primary, stating that his only regret was “trusting the elders in the community” and alleging that he received only 14 votes.
The businessman, who had declared his ambition to contest for the federal constituency seat ahead of the 2027 elections, insisted that he never proceeded to the primary venue after the party communicated its decision.
“In respect for the party and its leadership, I chose not to proceed to the field, and indeed, I never did,” he said.
Okechukwu further dismissed online discussions surrounding the matter, describing them as attempts by “misguided elements” to create unnecessary controversy.
He also rejected claims that he owed supporters financially over his political ambition, insisting that the aspiration was solely driven by his personal conviction and desire to serve the people.
Reaffirming his commitment to the APC, the socialite pledged continued support for the party and President Bola Ahmed Tinubu ahead of the 2027 general elections through his City Boy Movement.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Education
Business & Economy
Entertainment
Technology
Crime & Security
News
Culture & Tourism
Politics
Interviews
Religion
Sports
Health